I'm really glad that I chose to persue cooking for this project, because it's something that I can use beyond just the project. It's a life skill that I'll be utilizing my whole life, and I think it was beneficial to sharpen up my skills in this project. Not only that, but it was so cool being able to cook dishes from all of the different countries. I'll definitely be preparing some of those recipes for my family/friends in the future! I think it's interesting that I can tie history into my food as well. Going beyond just preparing a dish from a foreign country, and delving into the history of the food was something that was very interesting to me. I usually don't research the background of a food every time that I make a meal, but when I did for this project, it gave you a new appreciation for what you were cooking. History from the spices/herbs used in recipes also allowed me to compare one European dish to another.
All in all, I enjoyed this project! I'm happy with my final products, as well as my final presentation.
Delivery-wise, your presentation was great; I didn't even realize that you struggled with public-speaking. You seemed pretty natural onstage. It's great that you're continuing to learn and grow with regards to cooking. Good luck with that!(On an unrelated note, I love your blog aesthetic.)
ReplyDelete